Sunday, April 26, 2009

Linux :: I will tell you how to connect to internet using Huwei E220 hsdpa modem in linux

I am writing this blog to help people who are willing to surf internet while they are in open source operating systems like linux. I am using a Huwei E220 HSDPA modem and I have noticed that many people ask how to configure linux to use E220 modem. I had tried using ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10 where latest version of Ubuntu (8.10) has all the required settings for the modem. Even I did not need to enter dial number and the APN. So if you've got ubuntu 8.10 installed, only thing you have to do is just click on network connection icon and select mobile broad band and just follow the wizard.
Click here to proceed

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cals for this information. I was trying many days to use e220 in Ubuntu 8.04 but I failed to overcome. I tried your method and now I am internet using Ubuntu 8.10. It is simple at my view.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on this article so that other users may take advantage of this. Relative comments to this article are welcome.